We are living on this planet as if we have another one to go to.
There are five trillion pieces of plastic in our oceans. A plastic bag was found 36,000 feet below the surface, at the ocean’s deepest point, the Mariana Trench.
Most of the plastic found at the bottom of the sea by divers (89%) has one thing in common, the Deep Sea Debris Database reported: it’s waste such as plastic bottles and bags, designed to be used just once, then thrown away.
This visible plastic is just the tip of the iceberg. Tests by Newcastle University researchers found that sea creatures living in the deepest reaches of the sea had fragments of plastic in their stomachs and muscles.
Sea creatures are dying across the world as a result of our addiction to plastic, with a sperm whale washing ashore in Spain last year with 28 kilos of plastic in its stomach, including plastic bags, nets and a jerry can. It had died from gastric shock.
A million plastic bottles are bought every minute – and that is forecast to rise another 20% by 2021, driven by the spread of Western lifestyles around the world.
REDUCE THE USE OF THE PLASTIC TO PROTECT THE PLANET!
We want our planet to become a better place for future generations. We can all contribute to this by taking small (but significant!) Decisions every day.How to live in harmony with nature? Some simple tips that you can enter from now:
- Take a cloth reusable bag for shopping.
- Turn detergents for vinegar, lemon and baking soda.
- Do not throw away clothes, toys that you no longer need. Maybe useful to someone else ?.
- Turn paper towels into reusable cloths.
- Buy cosmetics in ecological packaging or without packaging.
- Use reusable bottles.
- Limit buying products in single use plastic packaging.
- Share these tips with your loved ones.